Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Job Frustration

Lately, I have been very frustrated with my job. I always feel like I am pulled in a million different directions and I never seem to have a sense of accomplishment out of anything I do at work. Of course, since I have so much on my plate, I often have to delegate tasks. The problem lies when those tasks don't get done, and then I have to go back and do the work myself. It's like I never even delegated the tasks in the first place.

Maybe I have to stop being so passive at work. I never thought I was passive until one of my co-workers so kindly pointed it out. I have to start to be more assertive and stop thinking what my employees might think of me.

I often feel at my wits end, and I have been wondering if it's time for me to do something different. I love the people I work with (with a few exceptions), and if some things were to change, then I would feel much better about my job. I'm just trying to figure out if change is really possible there (better staffing, hiring competent people, effective communication, an all around understanding and respect for each other's jobs). I need to spend some serious time conversing with God about this because I am so confused and don't know what I need to do.

***Note: A short time after writing that the above post, I came across one of my favorite Psalms. It always makes me feel better!

"If you'll hold onto me for dear life, says God,
I'll get you out of any trouble.
I'll give you the best of care
if you'll only get to know me and trust me.
Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times;
I'll rescue you, then throw you a party.
I'll give you a long life,
give you a long drink of salvation."
PSALM 91:14-16 THE MESSAGE

No comments: