Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Holiday Week in Review

I'm feeling a mix of emotions now that that Christmas is over and the New Year is almost here. I will be sad when I take down the tree and pack up all of the decorations. I'm sad that it's probably going to be a long time until all of my family can get together again. I am however, glad that my work life will go back to normal, and the rushing around for Christmas gifts are over. Whew!!

One of my favorite gifts this year:
I love the Willow Tree Collection! My mom says it creeps her out that the figures don't have faces, but I think it's the simplicity of it all that I like.

I did some shopping the day after Christmas, only I didn't venture to the mall (I am not that crazy!). Hallmark always has their Christmas stuff at 50% off, and that is the best time to stock up on wrapping paper (I am a wrapping paper snob--I only like Hallmark's!) and other goodies!

And now that the Holidays are coming to a close, I have caught Mike's cold. It started with a sore throat last night and continuously got worse as the night wore on. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. I am off to Walgreens to buy some cold medicine and then hopping back into bed to attempt sleep again. I need to feel better by tonight (which probably won't happen) because we have plans to go out with friends and I really don't want to miss it.

Have a safe and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better and can enjoy tonight.

I have the Willow Tree Nativity Scene and love it. I just need one more piece to complete it.

Happy New Year!