Sunday, April 26, 2009

L.B.Y.

Up until this past fall, I had never done a Bible study. Looking back, I truly feel God was giving me a huge shove to do one. Beth Moore's Believing God was the study I chose to do. She had me at the first week. It was awesome and faith changing. After it ended, I knew immediately I wanted to do another one, but procrastinated about it. In fact, I've been thinking about starting another one for the past 2 months or so. I don't know what was stopping me.

That brings me to today. I signed up to do another Beth Moore Bible study (she is the best!), Living Beyond Yourself. I realized that I haven't really felt "on track" since I stopped the last one. Maybe it's because I haven't been reading the Bible everyday, or not closely paying attention to what the Bible is telling me or applying it to my life. But I am ready to go back to that. I need a change in my life. I need to feel back on track with my spiritual growth because I have been feeling like an emotional and spiritual mess for a while now.
I am thrilled that I am going to spend the next 10 weeks learning more about this: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

No comments: