Saturday, August 1, 2009

Practicing Patience

I've said it before, and I will say it again. I have trouble with patience sometimes. Especially when it's something I want. But I know that I have to work on it everyday and deal with the fact that not everything is going to come to me when I want it. That's called life.

So my new Scripture verse for the next two weeks is this: "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7 I think the part that jumps out at me are the words due time. Not my time. Not when I am feeling my worst. Not when I am over the moon with hope. In due time. In God's time. That's a hard lesson to learn but an incredibly valuable one.

I am going to be pushing aside my impatience (well, beating it back, really) and remember that God knows my heart and that everything happens in due time. I may need some help, though!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't think anyone can claim to be perfectly patient..I think that's just part of this human life, especially when it's something we want so badly. But I think you are doing an amazing job taking this trial and using it to glorify God and become more like him :)

Remember...in due time :)