Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Mike and I did, as we do every year, and there was entirely too much food, but that's one of the best parts of Thanksgiving, isn't it? I had to be to work on Black Friday at 5 am, which is sort of like sleeping in! In past years, I've had to be there as early as 3:30, so being there at 5 was actually kind of nice. I even went to bed early which is hard for me do (I usually end up tossing and turning). We were busy and had one of the most successful Black Friday's we've ever had, but things ran so smoothly that it didn't seem like it was chaotic at all. And not one grumpy person!

But I have to mention my little bl0gging hiatus for a moment. There was actually a concrete reason behind my lack of blogging, even though I said there wasn't. And although everything I said in my last post is true, there was just more to it. Mike and I had something going on in our lives that was all consuming and something that I couldn't share at the time. It was an emotional time for us, but we are feeling so blessed beyond words. Here's 2 reasons why...





(Sorry for the terrible picture--my scanner is not cooperating, or maybe it's operator error!)

I'm beyond happy to announce that I'm pregnant! With twins! This ultrasound pic was taken at 7 weeks and we were able to see both babies perfectly and see and hear their heartbeats! I bawled my eyes out and Mike started laughing. Hard. Like it was the funniest thing he had ever seen or heard. I honestly didn't know what to say, and the words didn't come out right away. I just cried.

We had another ultrasound at 8 weeks, and I will post those this week (if I can figure out how to enlarge them). Again, the babies looked great and the hearbeats were the sweetest sounds I have ever heard. It was such a relief to hear the heartbeats, I can't even tell you.

Currently, I am at 11 weeks and still am pinching myself. I can't believe we are here. I can't believe that everything that I have been praying for has been answered. I feel a million different things, but blessed is the best word I can think of to describe this. Or maybe thankful beyond all description is better.

So that's the major reason I have been away from the blog world. I was waiting to tell my brother Paul and sister-in-law Heather and other loved ones in our family on Thanksgiving, and I couldn't seem to want to blog about anything else.

I started this blog when I was in a sad place, thinking that it would give me a place to truly be myself. And it has. You have witnessed my road of difficulty as I dealt with my miscarriage, and my journey with infertility, and now I can't wait to share this new chapter of my life with you!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

that is wonderful news! congrats!!!

Sandy said...

YES! YES! YES! YES! Seriously, I'm jumping up and down for you at 7 in the morning...not an easy feat for a non-morning person. I'm sooooo happy for you guys!!!!! What an AWESOME answer to prayer!!!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I'm smiling ear to ear over here! What a great way to start my morning!!!!

I first saw the ultrasound pic and was thrilled and then I read that you're having TWINS?!?! Wow, God...wow. You are awesome!

Congrats a million times!!

Anonymous said...

So happy, happy, happy for you two! I know you're going to enjoy every minute of this amazing journey - answered prayer(s) that are well worth waiting for. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is me Cheryl - I never can remember my Google account info:)

Unknown said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! Sarah I'm so happy for you! This is wonderful news. Doubly blessed with twins!! This makes me so happy!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Becky said...

SAAAAAAAAAAAAARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my word.
Oh my stars.
Oh my good glory gracious.

I don't have words yet.
Will comment again when I do. But until then.....I PRAYED FOR THIS! I PRAYED FOR YOU! God is soooooooooo faithful! Amen and amen and amen!

Amy said...

Sarah,
I've been reading your blog for a few months and I just had to join so I could leave you this comment--congratulations! I am so happy for you. I will continue to pray for you and your little miracles!
Amy in Texas