Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My funk continues. I don't know what is wrong with me lately. I've been blaming it on the weather, but I think it's more than that.

I don't know about you, but the ins and outs of everyday life are just exhausting me right now. I feel like I am being a second rate mom, wife, friend, and Christian. I feel like I am being pulled in a million different directions, and I don't know which way to go. I want to be the best wife and mom that I can be, but I am having a hard time trying to please everyone and make sure everyone is happy.

I know that this is just a phase, and eventually, I will get out of my funk. It's just hard to balance everything and I am certainly not going to pretend that I live this fabulously perfect life. No one does! Ok, enough of my complaining...

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Keep your chin up darlin. It IS hard, no doubt about it. Especially with twins. Life can be very overwhelming even when we feel that our life is finally full and complete. Have you talked to your hubby about how you are feeling? Maybe he can help out with some stuff that can take dome pressure off of you. I'm sure you've already thought of that but I figured I'd throw it out. Don't let your feelings get you down. It's quite an adjustment to be a new mom..... x2! Your girls are lucky to have you!

Bri said...

I can relate - with busy schedules, mouths to feed, bills to pay, a house to clean and a work day to be had, it's impossible to find time for yourself let alone time with your husband! You are but one person. There is only so much you can do. Life got a little easier for me when I took each day minute by minute. Who cares about what is going on at 5 p.m. when it is only noon? And if I don't get to those dishes in the sink because I chose to color pictures with my son, who cares? Keep your chin up =)

Becky said...

Girlfriend, I am there with you. I need encouragement these days myself. In fact, I have to cut this short because my baby is crying. But I know how you feel!