Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Mess

Do you ever have one of those days when you feel like you are just a mess? I feel like that today. Maybe it started when I was reading a blog I've been following for a while. This girl just always seems like she has it so TOGETHER. Not only is she adorable, and take gorgeous pics of her daughter, but she lives in this amazing house that is decorated to perfection, has time for lunches everyday with her girlfriends and their kids, throws these cute little parties for her friends and everything she makes looks divine. Seriously? Love this blog but I don't love the way it makes me feel sometimes. Does that sounds crazy?

My house isn't the biggest or newest house on the block. I drive a used car. Most of the time, my living room (and other parts of the house!) look like a tornado of toys and "stuff" just went through. I don't have time in my day to plan menus for parties for my girlfriends. But my life is incredibly blessed. In too many ways to count. The truth is, I shouldn't compare my life to someone else's. My house may sometimes be a mess. I am definitely a mess sometimes. But I am trusting that I am exactly where I am intended to be. I am God's little mess.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I feel this same exact way sometimes! But, you're right, we shouldn't compare our lives with others and truly appreciate all God has blessed us with :)

Jon and Stefanie said...

Thank you for being real! I read a lot of blogs where women seem to have it all together. But it does make me wonder "Are they giving enough of their time to God, husbands, and children?" Even if I give all my time to all three of those things, I still feel like one of the three could use more.

Thanks :)

Stefanie
Minnesota

Katie @ Chronicles of KT said...

I know exactly how you feel I read a few blogs that make me seem like my life is a mess too but like you said i feel totally blessed with all i have been given and thats what matters...i figure there will always be someone with it more "together" than me

Becky said...

Um, story of my LIFE these days. Blogs are the quickest way to feel inadequate (and I bet MONEY I could tell you which blog it is!). That blog and others like it just don't seem real to me. I always walk away thinking, She has to be bored to tears. There's nothing happening in her world! At least chaos isn't boring! Ha!