Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sick baby

I feel pretty lucky that the girls have only been sick once since they've were born. I was trying to keep that perspective yesterday when I had a crying, sickly baby on my hands.

Taylor has her first ear infection. And the poor thing is SO miserable. She is normally a happy, laid back baby. Until yesterday. She woke up Monday morning, and I noticed she was feeling warm, so I took her temperature. Sure enough, she had a low grade temp. I gave her some Tylenol, and went about my morning. She played, but was whining the whole time and kept rubbing her left ear. I knew it was something more when Mike called me while I was running errands and all I could hear in these background was Taylor screaming. I came home and took her to Urgent Care. I just knew something wasn't right.

She does have an ear infection and I feel so bad for her. Yesterday, when I came home from work, her eyes looked red from crying, and her little nose sounded stuffy. I feel so helpless! All I want to do is hold her and make her feel better. I hate seeing her feeling so terribly.

I know this is a part of parenting, but its one part I wish I could skip!

No comments: