Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Comfort Food

I love comfort food.

There. I said it.

It's my favorite thing to cook. Things like meatloaf, casseroles, pasta, etc. They just make me happy inside. And bring on memories of gathering together as a family around my grandma's dining room table. She was an awesome cook, of which I didn't truly appreciate until I had outgrown my picky phase--when I was in college!

So there is no hiding the fact that I love to watch shows on the Food Network that give me that warm, cozy, I want to cook comfort food feeling. Like Paula Deen. And the Pioneer Woman. And my latest favorite. Trisha's Southern Kitchen.

                                                            photo courtesy of Food Network                                          

I think she's so funny in the kitchen. And I want to be her next door neighbor.

She made Crock Pot Mac N Cheese the other day, and I knew that it was a recipe I was going to try ASAP.

Tried it. Loved it. Sharing it with you here!

No comments: