Monday, June 3, 2013

Keeping It Simple


This year, we decided on keeping things really simple for the girls 3rd birthday. It was so nice, I can't even tell you.

 Since I am really trying to simplify things for 2013, I knew that this was one area that I knew we could keep laid back and easy. Not that big parties aren't great, because they can be a lot of fun, but I didn't want the stress of planning a big party this year! It was a huge weight off my shoulders to be honest. I knew that I could just sit back and ENJOY the day.

We woke up to gloominess and rain yesterday morning, and so we decided to take Morgan and Taylor to Java Gym, which is one of their favorite places!


They had such a good time!


Then it was back home for lunch and a nap before we headed off to Nana and Papa's house for dinner and presents. 

The girls insisted that they wanted strawberry cake for their birthday, so I ended up making strawberry cupcakes. I thought they turned out pretty cute! 


I was so excited to give them their presents! I couldn't wait to see their faces when they saw their Big Wheels and Care Bears ( the girls are loooooving Care Bears lately). 


They absolutely loved the Big Wheels!


 
Overall, it was a wonderful day! The girls had a blast and Mike and I did too. Hmmmm...maybe simple is the way to go for next year too! 

I am so thankful to God that He blessed us with Taylor and Morgan. I feel lucky that I get to be their mom. It can be a challenge with two 3 year olds in the house, but day in and day out, I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: