Wednesday, February 18, 2015

What I'm Loving Wednesday


I'm a pretty sensitive person. What someone says to me can make or break my day. I take things personally even when I know they aren't always meant that way. I have been this way my entire life and as an adult, I'm still this way. 

Maybe I need to develop thicker skin. Maybe I shouldn't care what others say about me. BUT...words matter. Words carry weight, whether intended or not. Words can be said one way but interpreted completely different. This very thing happened to me this week.

This is why I love this.

This world needs more nice words. This world needs more people willing to speak kindness into other people's lives. I'm not perfect at this by any stretch of the imagination but I recognize that I need to do better. I have to do better. 

No comments: