Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Blast from the Past

It is so strange how you can run into someone from your past, and all the memories from the past come rushing back to you. Now, these may not necessarily be good memories, but they definitely can take you back. This is what happened to me yesterday. There I am, at the hardware store of all places, minding my own business as I head out of the store, when I run into this guy I used to know ( I wouldn't really call him an ex-boyfriend, more like a ex-fling). Honestly, I thought he looked familiar, but when I heard the voice and saw him more up close, I think I must have instantly turned red. He said hi to me, and I casually said hi back and asked how he was , but not really stopping to talk. I just wanted to high-tail it out of there! By the way, he wasn't exactly as good looking as he used to be.

Needless to say, thinking about those old memories has given me a newfound appreciation and love for my husband. He is such an awesome guy and I love him more than anything. And I thank God that I ended up with him and not the ex-fling.

No comments: