Thursday, July 31, 2008

Changing Thoughts

I woke up today feeling like it was going to be one of those days. Although it is a gorgeous day outside, I felt angry that I couldn't enjoy it like I really wanted to since I am going to be stuck at work all day (and night). Needless to say, I wasn't in the best mood.

I have to remind myself that I can change the way the rest of my day goes. I don't have to be in a bad mood. I have to choose the positive in any situation. But I am realistic and know that this is not an easy task for me. I tend to ride on the negative train more than I would like. What I am learning though, is that I have to make my most dominant thoughts positive. I have to literally change what I am thinking about. Right now that means reading a good book, making coffee, cranking up the radio, thinking of something that makes me happy or something that I am looking forward to, and saying a little prayer.

We'll see how this goes today.

No comments: