Thursday, July 17, 2008

Free Hugs

For some reason, in the middle of the night, I was thinking of this video that I saw on YouTube a while ago. It was entitled Free Hugs and it was about this guy, Juan Mann, who decided that it was going to be his sole purpose in life to reach out and hug a stranger to brighten their day. Ok, probably not something that I would do, but I think the meaning behind it is amazing. I think too many people have "ME Syndrome"--what about me, what are you going to do for me, it's all about me. What would happen if we were to take some time and not think about ourselves? I'm not saying go out and start hugging on strangers, because frankly, that might be a little weird. But what can we do throughout our day to make a neighbor's,a friend's, a relative's day a tad bit better?

Anyway, here's the video for Free Hugs--sorry, I can't link to it. You'll have to type in the address to see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpzkHhgcZG4

No comments: