Saturday, July 19, 2008

Missing

I hate missing people. I feel so helpless and don't know what to do to stop that ache that sits right on my chest and weighs me down. I miss my grandparents---summer brings that out in me. I spent every summer and holiday of my life with them, and it makes me sad that they aren't here with me. I fear that I will stop remembering the small parts of them, like the way their voice sounded, the things they said, the way they walked into a room, etc.

I'm also missing my hubby and he's only gone for the weekend. Usually I enjoy the time alone (and getting the bed to myself), but this time I am missing him like crazy. It's funny how much you take for granted the one thing you have all the time! But I do appreciate him so much and love him more than anything. I'm willing to give up the whole bed for that....

No comments: