Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Honest Tuesday


Andrea gave me this lovely little award and so here are the rules that come along with it!
The rules:
* Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
* Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
* List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
*******************************************************************************
1.) I love chocolate. Oreos are my current fav. Followed closely by M&Ms, Haagen Daaz chocolate milkshakes, and hot chocolate. Yummmm...
2.) I think my entire casual wardrobe is from the Gap. Bless the person who invented the Gap, and most especially, the Gap outlet. I find it hilarious that I dispised the Gap in high school, because heaven forbid, it was "preppy". Ha!
3.) I have a hard time with seasons of waiting. I struggle with it everyday. Some days I am hopeful about what lies ahead, and other days, well, I don't even want to talk about it. Today is an optimistic day. Tomorrow may be a different story.
4.) Mike is an awesome husband. The problem is, I tell him, but my actions don't show it all the time. I need to show him more often that I appreciate him. (girls, get your minds out of the gutter! I wasn't even talking about that.)
5.) I can't make a good cup of coffee to save my life. Oh, I have all the right tools, i.e. my grinder, my water filter, my fresh coffee beans, my new coffee maker, but my coffee never tastes right. This is why the people at Biggby and Starbucks know me by name.
6.) I love the idea of being healthy more so than actually living healthy. Last night's example: pizza for dinner, followed by laying on the couch, then a before bed snack of Oreos and milk. Yup. My diet is screaming healthy!
7.) I am inspired by so many faith-filled women, but it really touches my heart when I hear of someone's struggle with their faith. Been there and have the t-shirt. In fact, I still wear it sometimes! My walk with God is new although I grew up in the Catholic church ( I think of myself then as a religious bystander). I never made my relationship with God personal until a few years ago. It is a journey unlike any other....
***********************************************************************************
There you have it..7 honest things about me. I am passing this award on to: Kim, Stacy, Krysta, Becky, and Nicole. Anyone else that wants to join in, feel free!!

2 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

I'm sorry, I think you wrote more after #1, but I had to leave the post to go get snack food! :)

Sarah said...

Ha, ha!!! I know, I can't stay away from the chocolate.