Friday, January 30, 2009

It doesn't make sense

I am sure by now that you have heard of the woman who recently gave birth to octuplets. When I first heard about it, I didn't think anything of it. I was amazed that a woman's body could actually hold that many babies at one time.

Then today, I read that she already has 6 other kids and here's the kicker: She lives at home with her parents. ??????? Is this making sense to anyone or am I the only one that sees a problem here? Don't get me wrong-- I still think it's amazing that she had 8 babies at once. However, I'm thinking that having 14 kids and living with your parents might not be the best idea one's ever had. Maybe I'm being judgmental (ok, I know I am), but I'm a little confused as to the details. Is she married? Why hasn't there been any mention of a husband/boyfriend? If there is one, how does he feel about living with his in-laws? Why, after having 6 kids, did she feel like she wanted more?

I realize that I shouldn't judge the choices other people make, but I can't help wonder what this woman was thinking.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Okay So I didn't realize those facts. I totally agree with you. What in the world is she thinking? Seems odd....I wonder if she was able to get preg. You don't just happen to get preg with 8 babies naturally...ya know? Are the other six, any twins? quads? Who knows? But yeah were is the boyfriend/husband? She is going to need to live with her parents to be able to take care of all these babies.

Sarah said...

From what I understand, she lived with the parents before getting pregnant with the octuplets. That's what I'm baffled by! If you already live with your parents because you need help taking care of the 6 you already have, why get pregnant again??

AmberDenae said...

I heard this story and I, too question her motives and her choice made. She underwent fertility treatment...after 6 kids?! What the heck?? Insane. I most definitely agree with you as this was my thought process when I heard this story. Too crazy.

leah @maritalbless said...

Honestly, the only way it makes sense is that she's just trying to get more governmental assistance.

She was on wellfare, living with her parent's with the 6, THEN she was implanted with 8 fertilized embryos from donor sperm. There is no father.

It's absolutely insane, most fertility clinics have a cap on how many fertilized embryos that they will transfer!

Anonymous said...

Having a job would be way easier than taking care of 14 kids... there goes the played-out "welfare queen" argument.