Friday, February 6, 2009

God Bless the Broken Road

I had lunch with my good friend Laura today, and we ventured down memory lane. We talked about things (more like boyfriends) from the past, and how all past events shape who we are today. I don't often think about old boyfriends, and the MANY mistakes I've made in the past, but I had them on my mind today. Trust me when I say that I dated some real winners. Yet I think it all had to happen the way it did. I had to go through some rocky terrain to get to where I am today. I had to learn a lot along the way, and even though some of those experiences were painful, I wouldn't trade them in for anything. They taught me so much about myself and how I want to live my life. I'm not sure that I would have learned those lessons otherwise. My life today may have been very different. I just feel so blessed where I am right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ditto. I couldn't agree more! While the road was rocky, I'm so thankful for where I am today. It's a great reminder that God can use anything for good :)

I'm happy you got that little reminder as a blessing :)