Tuesday, May 5, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1.) One of my favorite things about summer is that I can lay around in my own backyard in my bathing suit and an ice cold drink. Here's where it gets crazy-I won't tan in a tanning bed because I am afraid I'll get skin cancer, yet I"ll lay out without sunscreen on because somehow that is safer. In my own head it makes perfect sense.

2.) I have never had a cavity in my life. Until they built a Biggby coffee a few blocks from my house. The delicious sugar filled lattes have corrupted my mouth and now I have to pay a visit to the dentist tomorrow to have a cavity filled. I considered going with a sugar free version, but it's just not the same.

3.) I don't know what I am thinking growing out my hair. It's a mess and I am ready to shave it all off.

4.) I usually don't wear shorts in the summer. I have the skinniest legs and I don't like them at all. However, I bought a pair of shorts at work the other day. They were so cute and I had to give them a whirl, so I brought them home. These were the shortest shorts I think I have ever owned. But hey, if I'm going to actually go there, then why not be drastic about it?

5.) When it rains, it pours! We have really old gutters on our house and we decided to get new gutters after a little incident last weekend. Well, as soon as we were settled with that, Mike discovers that our water heater is leaking. Big time. Guess who is also getting a new water heater this week?

6.) I finally got my new passport in the mail. I laughed when I opened it. It looks like a mug shot.

7.) I am feeling better about the all the pregnant women at work thing. I can actually kind of laugh about it. This verse is helping too: "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful." (Hebrews 10:23). I love the book of Hebrews something fierce.

8.) I love movies. One of my very favorite things to do is go to the movies. Sadly, I can't tell you the last movie I went to see. I can't wait for: My Sister's Keeper (you need to read the book!), Angels and Demons, and Harry Potter.

9.) Mike and I are in a food rut. I think we eat the same thing for dinner over and over and over. Any favorite of yours that we need to try?

10.) I just feel blessed with all that I have.

2 comments:

AmberDenae said...

Sorry about your cavity =/ If it's any consolation, I have had my fair share of fillings and they aren't bad, AT ALL!

Be thankful for your skinny legs!!! I wish I had that blessing!

It's been raining here a lot too. ick! Our hot water heater broke a few months ago...terrible!

I saw the preview for "My Sisters Keeper" in the theater on Sunday and I started crying in the preview!! I turned to my sister and proclaimed that I would instantly give her one of my kidneys if she needed it. I also can't wait to see it. I'm glad I know to bring a whole box of tissues with me.

Hope you have a great day! :)

Amanda Ledford said...

I just found your blog through the prayer blog and I just wanted to let you know I am praying for you. I am also on the list and I know how you feel! Stop by my blog sometime, ourtemporaryhome.blogspot.com