Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Fashion Finds

I did it.

I can't believe I actually did it.

What did I do, you ask? Well, I bought my first pair of skinny jeans. I swore up and down to anyone who would listen that I would never buy skinny jeans. Frankly, I thought they were horrendous. I have since bitten my tongue and have changed my mind.

It all started with my sudden interest in owning knee high boots, and then it progressed to the understanding that my much adored flare leg jeans would just not work out in knee high boots. So, today, while at the mall, I tried on these boots at Macy's and decided they must be mine.

I "heart" these boots! I got these boots in a cognac color and in leather instead of suede. My next mission was to find a pair of skinny jeans that didn't make me look like ridiculous. I tried on a pair at Express and they were too low rise for me. I don't think the general population wants to see my underwear or see me hiking up my waistband every 10 seconds. However, the Gap had a pair that were perfect for me (have I ever mentioned my love for all things Gap?).

Now, my legs are way too chicken like to pull off this look here. But in a pair of boots, these jeans are fabulous. Not to mention that I don't have to worry about bending over in them!



2 comments:

Becky said...

I've been wanting some skinny jeans myself, because I have not one, but 3 pair of boots (bought back in the day when I was single) that would look FABU in skinny jeans. But I've been so afraid...until now! I will be going straight to The Gap to try some one; thank you oodles for this recommendation!!!

Jaime said...

You must show off this cute look with a picture. I amo ne that can not wear skinny jeans...I would loook rediculious...hehe
So lets see a picture...please