Thursday, May 13, 2010

Doctor Appt.

I had my weekly checkup today, and so far, so good! My lab results came in (thank goodness) and I do not have cholestasis. Awesome! Bad news? I have to continue to deal with the itchy rash until I deliver. For crying out loud! I nearly begged for Dr. Wisebaker to give me something, but she recommeded Benadryl cream, oatmeal baths, and the Atarax. Yup, already doing those. Oh and sleeping with socks on my hands to keep from scratching too hard. Great, because that's helpful.

The good news is that my other bloodwork showed improvement from the last time I had blood taken (when I was sent to the hospital for high BP). In fact, I am not even showing signs of pre-eclampsia anymore. Hooray! My cervix is still shut tightly but softening just a little. The goal is to get to 37 weeks. That is only 3 weeks away. Oh my word...

I also had an NST today, which I am having 2x a week, and the babies did great. Although at one point the nurse had to use the buzzer to wake up my sleepy Baby A. She jumped immediately and so did I! Poor baby was just trying to take a nap. From where the nurse positioned the monitors, it was clear that the babies are both still head up. We'll see if that's the case when we see our MFM doctor on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Yay! I'm happy to hear that things are looking up. Maybe there really is something to this whole bed rest thing eh? I am also doing NST's 2x week and I love sitting there listening to their little heartbeats. I've never had to have them buzzed but I think it's so cruel! Here's to 3 more healthy weeks for us!!!!