Monday, July 26, 2010

10 on Tuesday

It's already been almost a week since my last post, and I can't get over how time flies. I think I say that now more than ever!

Here's what's been going on in my life:

1.) Going back to work August 1. It's very bittersweet, but I really am ok with the decision. We need to be a two income family and so I am returning to work. I know I will miss Taylor and Morgan, but I know that I need to help provide for them. Between my mom and Mike's super flexible schedule, we won't have to send them to daycare, which makes me beyond happy. If I have to leave them, I am glad that they will be with their dad and grandma.

2.) We finally got a new car! We decided that the mini-van wasn't quite right for us at this stage, and so, we are the new owners of a Chevy Equinox. It feels so strange to be driving let alone driving a new car! I love that I have a little more freedom now to get out of the house with the girls if i need to.

3.) Taylor and Morgan are growing like weeds! Morgan has outgrown her newborn clothes and as I packed them away yesterday, I got a little sad. I can't believe that almost 2 months have gone by already. They go for their 2 month checkup on August 5th, and I am not looking forward to them getting thier shots (poor things). I am sure I will be a baby rocking fool that day!!

4.) Re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It might have something to do with the new trailer that came out!

5.) Went shopping this week for clothes for work. I was not looking forward to this and was thinking that I wasn't going to find anything. My first stop was NYC and Co, and they have some really cute stuff right now. I also stopped by Forever 21. I have never really shopped there before, but I figured I had nothing to lose. I ended up walking out of there with 3 tops! So all in all it wasn't too bad of a trip to the mall.

6.) I need to get serious about eating healthier. I feel like I have been eating nothing but junk since I've had the girls. There have been times when I won't eat breakfast or lunch but then when dinner rolls around, I eat crappy. And don't get me started on the mad amounts of Oreos I consume before I go to bed. Ugh. I have made a resolution that starting next week when I go back to work, I am also going to start eating healthier and packing my lunches for work.

7.) Life with twins is a total juggling act. Lately, everytime I am feeding Taylor, Morgan starts to cry. And cry hard. So hard she coughs. All she wants is to be held, and so I stop feeding Taylor for a minute and pick Morgan up. Once I think she is soothed, I put her back down and resume feeding Taylor. Then Morgan starts again. And this is the face she makes...


She can be a little dramatic!!

8.) Middle of the night feedings are prime time for some DVR watching. What's on my DVR these days? My new favorite is Rizzoli and Isles. Loving Angie Harmon! Friday Night Lights is soooo good too.

9.) I have Mommy Guilt. Like when I went shopping, I felt so bad for looking for stuff for myself! Or when I am holding one of the girls, I just look at the other one and feel bad that I am not holding her.

10.) My girlfriend Jaime is due to have her baby in early August, and she's been in some pain. I know she is ready to have this sweet baby girl already ( I recall that feeling!) and I am hoping she gets her wish!

Well, I have to run now, as I hear the not so distant cry of my babies!!

No comments: