Thursday, August 26, 2010

Stop and Breathe

The coffee is brewing, and the babies are still sleeping.

Quiet time is sometimes the best time.

I feel like I can actually stop and breathe for a minute. And then it's off to do whatever is on my mile long list. Because these quiet moments don't last long and I feel like I have to get as much done as I can before one of (or both) of the girls wake up. I am learning how to become an expert multi-tasker!

I knew things would get a little hairy when I went back to work, and really, it hasn't been too bad. But I'm not going to lie--there have been a few times when I have been driving to work and bawling like a crazy person. It's like my life this past year has been a series of adjustments. Adjusting to fertility treatment. Adjusting to pregnancy. Adjusting to being off work and taking care of myself and unborn babes. Adjusting to life with newborn twins. Now, adjusting to life as a working mom with 12 week old girls. This past week at work has actually been the first week since being back that I don't feel completely overwhelmed. I feel like I am getting into my routine at work again, and it doesn't feel so strange anymore.

But finding time to fit everything into my day or week is proving to be challenging. It's hard to get everything done that I want without feeling like I am cheating my girls or Mike. So I try to do things when they are sleeping. (which, by the way, they are hardly napping during the day! Anyone else experiencing this?) I think I need to accept the fact that not every single thing is going to be accomplished and that's ok. However, that might be easier said than done!

No comments: