Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Resolutions

The last couple of years, my New Year's Resolution has been to spend more time in prayer and in God's word. Honestly, I feel like I have been failing in those resolutions.

Of course, I would like to deliver on that resolution for 2011, but am wondering how I am going to do it. I have the best intentions, but life often gets in the way. Not a good excuse, I know. There are times when I feel stretched so thin, like I am trying to be EVERYTHING to everyone. Even in those precious quiet moments in my day, I am running around trying to clean my house, do laundry, etc. I do make an effort to read my Bible, write in my prayer journal and just be still, but it feels like those times are few and far between lately.

So, an opportunity just came across my computer when I was reading
Raising Redheads . It is a chance to join other women in reading the book of James and to help hold each other accountable for spending time daily in God's word. I know that there are things that I could cut out of my day in order to spend time reading my Bible (i.e. tv watching). I'm 32 years old, for crying out loud! I shouldn't need others to hold me accountable for something that deep inside I truly want! But the sad truth is, I know if I let it, life would just get in my way again, and I would find another excuse why I let another day pass without spending some time with God. I think I am going to go for it and try this Bible study out and really give my 2011 resolution a chance. If you are interested in doing this with me, just head over to Ramee's blog to find out more. I would love to have some blog friends join me!!

No comments: