Thursday, April 14, 2011

A peek into reality

I posted before about feeling "less than" after reading a certain person's blog. I just felt fed up with it and with the perfection that seemed to ooze from every inch of the blog. So I stopped reading it for a while.
Until last night.
I decided to visit her blog. Just because (glutton for punishment maybe). And what I read really shocked me. It was like I actually got a peek into the real her. The one that let the world see that she wasn't this perfect being and that she actually had real struggles going on. I related to her!
I don't know why we, as women, feel the need to try to put on this front, like we have it all together and are everything to everyone. It's a lie and I think it can be a destroyer of our spirits. I think the real power of a woman comes from knowing herself, recognizing areas of weakness and owning it, and doing the best she can every single day. At the end of the day, we don't have to face all those other women with whom we put on the front. We just have to look at our own face in the mirror. And wouldn't it be nice if we didn't want to turn away?

1 comment:

Erin said...

I can totally relate to this! My ongoing battle with blogging: this girl lost her baby weight overnight, that girl's baby is younger than mine and rolling over/crawling/signing before mine, someone else's house looks like a Martha Stewart magazine while my walls are the same dust white color as when we moved in :)

Comparison is SO dangerous - and so crafty. How sneaky of Satan to make us ungrateful for all the good things God has given because He "hasn't" given US what he gave SOMEONE ELSE!