Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Rejection

Have you ever felt rejected by your child? I had no idea what that was like, until recently. ANd it about broke my heart.
Morgan simply wants nothing to do with me, it seems. When she falls down and cries, she wants her daddy. When my mom comes over, she gets super excited and smiles SO big and crawls/walks over to her. When I get home from work, I get a little smile and not a whole lot more.
Today when I was battling with her just to change her diaper, I was at my wits end. It was a struggle to get that diaper on her and she was bawling. I felt like bawling too. Felt like a total failure as a mom this morning. I should have kids that love and adore me, right? Ok, I know that is not reality, but it's the little things with Morgan that make me feel like I am the last person on the planet that she wants to be with. I expected this when she's teenager, but she's 14 months old, for crying out loud.
I don't like this feeling of rejection. I am not ready for it.

No comments: