Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

I came home from work on Friday to find this scene in my backyard.








I laughed my butt off at the shenanigans that were taking place and ran to get my camera. I was so happy that the girls were able to enjoy the hot weather before the cold front moved in later on. Summer is definitely winding down, and if you were to check our weather today, you would find that it is only in the upper 60s! Fall is attempting to sneak its way in (I love it!).


So with the cold weather looming, I knew I had to hit the mall for clothes for the girls. Going through their closet, I knew I was in trouble. I have really been putting off fall shopping for them, and it showed. Between the 2 of them, there were 2 pairs of jeans (both Morgan's), a handful of socks, and 2 sweatshirts. That's it. Uh oh.


I made Mike face the mall with me on Saturday, and he was pretty good about it. He would push the girls around while I shopped. But honestly, I felt like the selection at the mall was picked over. Maybe because it's the weekend before school starts? Probably so! (but wait a second, my kids are still toddlers and not even going to school, so what gives?) We left the mall with 2 pairs of jeans, 6 shirts, and 1 pair of pajamas. Yes, only one. Childrens Place jammies are the best, but they NEVER have any selection when I go. I even looked online and there were NONE to be had. Seriously? Pajamas are an essential, must- have year round item. What's the deal, Childrens Place?


The girls were also in desperate need of shoes. We stopped by Stride Rite so they could actually get fitted for shoes, and it was utter chaos in the store. It's a tiny store to begin with, and then you throw a handful of adults and a bunch of kiddos and the store was out of control. We found shoes, but now I am second guessing the sizes. The shoes look downright HUGE. I think I will be making a trip back to Stride Rite today to do some exchanging.
So our Labor Day weekend was packed full of shopping, but all in all, it was nice to have a 3 day weekend. Hope you enjoyed yours!

No comments: