Friday, September 30, 2011

little personalities

First, let me start out by saying that I absolutely love being a mom to twins. It's all I've known and I wouldn't trade it for the world.


But the girls are getting some major personalities around here.


Let's take a look at Morgan, for example. You can tell her no a hundred times, and she'll still do it. She has also learned that whatever her sister wants, she needs to have it at that exact moment. I take it away, give it back to Taylor and then the tears and screeching start. It's awesome.

Morgan also has decided that no matter what time she goes to bed at night, she'll be up between 6 and 6:30 am. Again with the awesomeness.



Taylor is the independent one of the two. She is happy to play on her own and stroll around the house looking for things to explore and get into. Her newest fascination is our paper shredder. Something about turning the buttons on and off makes her laugh!

She is also hating bedtime and naptimes. Even if she is dog tired, she will cry EVERY time I put her down. Sometimes she's asleep in 5 minutes, other times she'll play around for 40 minutes. There is a shade right next to her crib that she loves to open so she can look outside.

The two of them get along ok for the most part, but we have also started to see some little "fights" between them. Usually over toy stealing or who gets to sit in mommy's lap. Is there a book for this? I may need to spend some time at Barnes and Noble this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny- I wanted to ask you about their relationship, my twins are girls and are 13 mo, and have no sisterly love. They are always pushing each other, and crying over who can sit in my lap too, wants everything the other has. I have been wanting to ask other's about this but have had no one to ask. I hope for them to learn to love each other more as they gat older, I guess they are just learning to have each own's "me time". Any advice is appreciated.