Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What's new

I know, I know. I get the bad blogger of the year award. Those of you who can blog everyday get a big ovation from me!
Here's what's up in this girl's life :
*trying to get into the Christmas spirit. It just feels weird this year. Maybe it's because we have NO snow, and that is just not the norm for December in Michigan. I am actually kind of hoping for a snowstorm. Terrible, right? :)
*I've been watching Christmas movies, thinking that will help get me in the spirit. I LOVE White Christmas. I could watch it over and over. I don't know why. Maybe it's all that singing. Or maybe it's the clothes from the 50's. I just get hooked everytime it's on!
*Mike and I are getting over some illnesses and thankfully, it hasn't reached the girls yet. Mike's had strep throat and I had walking pneumonia. So happy to be feeling better and grateful to be done disinfecting the house 3 times a day.
*Vowing to get back on my cash only system after the holidays are over. Man, my budget has gone out the window and my debit card is getting a work out! I felt so much more in control of my money when I was doing the cash only/envelope system. Those envelopes and I are going to be best buds again very soon.
*The girls are 18 months old! I love seeing them at this age, but I have to admit that I kind of miss the baby stage. (a post just on their 18 month stats is coming tomorrow)
*I've been missing church. I can't tell you when the last time I went was. It's just so dang hard to take 2 toddlers with us. There isn't anyone staffing the nursery at the service time we attend, so that means that they would have to sit with us. And 2 toddlers are just NOT going to sit for an hour. Not going to happen. I know it's not a good excuse, but it's my reality. I think I will just have to figure something out so I can make it. I really miss going!
So, that is what's been going on in my little corner of the world. Hopefully, you'll hear from me more often. It's a juggling act, all the time!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

i know what you mean. I have been horrible at blogging too.

Got your x-mas card today...super cute.
Can't wait to send mine out.

That stinks you were sick. glad the girls didn't get sick

Macy has croup right now...=( it's awful.