Tuesday, January 17, 2012

10 on tuesday

1.) After hearing all of the talk about Downton Abbey, I finally started watching it. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but now I am hooked, darn it! But you want to know something funny? Up until a few days ago, I could have sworn the name of the show was DownTOWN Abbey. Yup, I feel like a moron.
2.) I have been obsessed with teen shows and books lately. Maybe I am trying to relive my teen years vicariously through these characters! Ha! I've been watching Switched At Birth and Jane by Design (which is so cute) and recently read Divergent by Veronica Roth (thanks Jeanie for the recommendation) and am starting Gone by Michael Grant. I could not put Divergent down and am anxiously awaiting the second book.
3.) Taylor is having an in home evaluation for her possible speech delay in February. I am so happy that things seem to be progressing rather quickly on this front. I guess I would rather know sooner rather than later if there is indeed a problem.
4.) Enough of spring clothing in stores. I am in Michigan and its going to be cold and snowy for at least a couple more months. I want to see wintery stuff, darn it! (but I did manage to get some good deals on clearance at American Eagle)
5.) Speaking of clothes shopping, I've been putting off buying new jeans, though I desperately need some. I just get so frustrated when I can't find what I am looking for. The last pair I bought were from American Eagle and I don't know what possessed me to buy them. Every time I bend over, my butt crack shows. Not attractive or appropriate for this mama! I am promising myself that I am going to get cracking (pun intended!) at jeans shopping soon!
6.) I don't get mean people. What is the point of being downright nasty? Does it make them feel better to be vicious to others? No clue. That's all I'm going to say.
7.) So the first Sunday that I put down the IPhone was great. No problem. This past Sunday? I was not as strong in my conviction. I did leave it on the charger for the day, but I found that I was going to it to just read an ebook and then found myself checking Facebook, then Twitter...you get the idea. Back to square one I go.
8.) Has anyone tried Starbucks Blonde roast yet? I am dying to find it if it's any good. The commerical had me drooling for a cup.
9.) I have been craving Mexican food lately. I could seriously eat it every day (even though I don't). So tomorrow I am going to try out a recipe for a Enchilada Bake. I'll post the recipe later this week if it turns out as yummy as it looks. I am crossing my fingers that it does as we need some new recipes in this house! Don't you get tired of cooking the same thing over and over? Me too!
10.) Wishing I could do a group Bible study, or at least find a group of girls willing to dive into the Word with me! Love what the Good Morning Girls are doing... (www.goodmorninggirls.org)

No comments: