Monday, January 23, 2012

Dealing with it


One of my favorite things to do on the weekends is pile the girls into our bed and have all of us just hang out. And watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, of course. This picture is of our sweet Taylor (gotta love the bedhead) enthralled with the tv. When Mickey is on, she tunes everyone else out!


She has another double ear infection. She had just finished her antibiotics on Wednesday too. I am so over this. She's usually a good sport about dealing with the ear infections. She isn't too cranky or miserable. I think she is just used to it at this point, and it's just a part of life for her.


That makes me sad.


I cannot wait for her to get her tubes. I am praying that it will be the solution to all her ear problems. I don't like the fact that she has been on a dozen different antibiotics. I hate the fact that all of these infections could be affecting her hearing (and therefore, her speech). I dispise the fact that it's taken this long for her to even get the tubes put in.


I just look at her sweet face and know that I would do anything on this earth for her, and if I could take away all of these infections, I would do it in a heartbeat. I know that in the grand scheme of things, ear infections are nothing. It simply sucks that this is my child's "norm".

No comments: