Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What a Wednesday

Need to vent...

Taylor was supposed to have her evaluation on Monday for her speech delay, and I got a call on Sunday from the evaluator saying that she was sick and could not keep our appointment. It was rescheduled for today at 11.

So this morning I get a call from the lady and she told me that she had to cancel AGAIN because her little one has a double ear infection. Now Taylor's eval won't be until the end of February. Now, I know every child is different, but really? I still go to work when Taylor has ear infections. Maybe Taylor is just used to having them now, so she really doesn't act sick when she has them, and I can actually go to work. So I have a hard time understanding cancelling an appointment for an ear infection. I know...I sound harsh. I don't mean to be. It's just the frustration talking.

And to top it all off, I took Taylor to the pediatrician for her ear re-check and guess what? She has another double ear infection. She'll be on meds for another 10 days which will be right up until she gets her tubes.

I am so frustrated today. I just need to pick myself up, brush it off and get on with things. It's just so hard!


Jaime said...

Awe girl. I am frustrated with Macy too.
I totally understand, why call into work for an ear infection...I don't. Kind of weird...and why would she cancel on you 2 times...that's not where else you can go?
I'm sorry....You are being the best mom and you want to do what's right for her.
I can't believe she has another ear infection. That's insane...

Becky said...

I would actually call the service and ask for a different person to come do the evaluation. Sometimes all you have to do is be a squeaky wheel...say something like you understand one cancellation but two is really pushing it. And each delay of the eval pushes back Taylor's progress, and as a parent, you just are really uncomfortable with that. (Not saying you are or that the delay is actually going to push back progress, but these are good things to say to someone in charge, who can help you get this done sooner, which sound like is all you need to get some peace about the situation?) Just some thoughts, dearie. Hope things get settled soon, and that Taylor gets some blessed relief from these terrible infections. Poor little luv.

Bethany said...

I would call and also ask for another provider to perform the evaluation. That is uncalled for and rude.
Praying all else goes well. I am thinking of you!