Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bedtime Drama

We have drama around here.

Bedtime drama, that is.

I am at my wits end! For the past couple weeks, Morgan has either waken up in the middle of the night and refuses to go back to her own bed, or has pitched a huge crying fit when it's time for bedtime.

It started when her and Taylor came down with a cold. She would wake up at night because she was so stuffed up and was having a hard time breathing. To make her feel better, and so we could ALL get some sleep, we let her sleep in our bed. This went on for a week or so. Now that she is better, she hates to go to sleep in her crib. When we tell her it's bedtime, she starts to cry. Which then turns into a huge ordeal of crying harder and crying out, "Mama!!".

Last night, we let her cry for a few minutes, thinking that she would settle down. She started coughing and I ran in to get her. Mike took Taylor out of her crib too, and I picked up Morgan to rock her. We had just settled down in the rocking chair when I heard this noise coming from her belly. I knew what was coming next. She proceeded to throw up all over me, herself and the chair. Ugh.

I don't know what is going on with her and why she gets so upset at bedtime. I think it's some sort of seperation anxiety and I am trying my best to soothe her and make her happy before bed, but nothing seems to be working. I am hoping this is just a phase and she will go back to a smooth bedtime.

Keeping my fingers crossed for tonight...

2 comments:

Katie @ Chronicles of KT said...

bedtime drama is so frustrating sometimes!! I hope things work themselves out!!

Jaime said...

OH Sarah....Macy does the same exact thing...THUS macy is STILL in our bed...

IT is sooo hard...I hope you get it figured out...sorry I don't have any words to say to help.