Wednesday, June 6, 2012

2 Years

It's happened. My sweet little babes have gone and turned into toddlers.

They are officially 2 years old!

How did this happen? :)

Their birthday was on Saturday and we just kept the day low key since their party is on the 9th. Mickey Mouse themed, of course! (can anyone else sing the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song by heart? Yup, me too).

I am thrilled that they are 2, but my heart is a little sad too. I've been looking at pictures from a year ago, and they still seemed like such babies. And now here we are, walking/talking little people. I am so excited to see what this next year brings for them!

Here they are one year ago...


So much has changed in one year!
  • They both started walking.
  • Switched to whole milk.
  • Taylor got her 1st ear infection around her 1st birthday, and it was a 9 month ordeal before she got her tubes put in and adenoids out.
  • Morgan's language development really took off, and she started talking. A lot.
  • Both girls became really interested in Mickey Mouse, Bubble Guppies, building things with their blocks, and "reading" books.
  • Taylor ended her 1st year wearing a size 3T. Morgan ended her 1st year wearing a size 24 months.
  • The girls still love to dance and listen to music!
  • Both girls turned into picky eaters, although Morgan is more so than Taylor.
I hear people say all the time, "I don't know how you do it with twins". I guess I don't think about it. I just do it. It's all I've ever known, and I love it. I wouldn't want it any other way. I prayed for these kiddos for a long time, and God knew what HE was doing when HE gave me two to love. Yes, it can be hard, and there are times when I want to have a glass of wine by 4:00, but I am happy being a mom to 2 little girls!

No comments: