Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What I'm Loving Wednesday



1.) My very favorite thing to do on weekend mornings is nestle into my couch with a cup of coffee, a yummy baked good of some sort and a magazine. 
I made this coffee cake Saturday night so that it was ready to gobble down on Sunday. It was super easy! Here's what you need to do...
 
YOU WILL NEED:
CAKE
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

TOPPING
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Optional: Chopped Pecans

DIRECTIONS:
 STEP 1. Preheat your oven to 375 deg F and grease a 9x9 inch baking pan. Prepare your topping by combining flour, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon using a fork, until you have a moist topping made up of large crumbs. Set aside.
STEP 2. In your electric mixer bowl, cream together sugar, egg and melted butter. Add in the vanilla extract and milk, and mix until smooth. In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the wet, and mix until you have a smooth, creamy, light yellow batter.
STEP 3. Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan, then sprinkle on the topping evenly. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool for a couple of minutes before serving.

2.) My new Bible Study! Last night was the first meeting of our small group and we are going to be doing Chase by Jennie Allen. Although it was only the first meeting, I think I am really going to love this study. I think it's going to help me pinpoint some areas in my life that I need to address, and work on.

3.) This idea from Pinterest! Everyday, starting on February 1st, I leave notes on the girls bedroom door telling them all the reasons I love them. They get so excited in the morning to see their new love note!

What are you loving today?
 

1 comment:

Jaime said...

OMG...I love the notes on the door idea. sooo cute! That coffee cake looks sooo yummy!!

PS: Let me know when you are ready for a new blog makeover...Im itching to design!! hehe