Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2014



I say it all the time, but I really can't believe how fast time goes. Is there some law of nature that states once you have kids, time speeds up? 

JANUARY
We shoveled tons of snow! The girls weren't too interested in playing outside but nevertheless, we tried. They were probably outside for 10 minutes before they were asking to come in! 
We also baked a TON of chocolate chip cookies! Both girls like to bake with me, but Taylor is the only one that indulges in the eating with me. She's got my sweet tooth!

FEBRUARY

Taylor and Morgan were beyond excited for Valentines Day, mostly because they were having parties at school. 
I also went a little Valentine's crazy at home! I am a sucker for Valentine's Day. 
And there was a lot of this going on...

MARCH
Taylor seemed to go through a growth spurt. Actually, both girls did, but as they have from the beginning, they still stayed a few inches apart. 
A virus made its way once again to our house. Morgan seemed to have it worse than Taylor, so there were lots of naps and snuggles.

APRIL
Lots of silliness happens in the backseat!
Taylor discovered my makeup drawer and in particular, my Urban Decay eyeshadow palette. A girl after my own heart...

It was finally warming up slightly and it was enough to get outside and ride bikes. Winter can be soooo long, and when you're cooped up inside, it seems infinitely long!
Indoor play dates at McDonald's are always a good time (unless there are mean kids who pull your child's hair which promptly end those play dates). 
Our church had an Easter celebration for kids that included egg decorating, crafts, a bounce house, egg hunt, etc. Taylor and Morgan invited their friend Macy to come and they had so much fun!
Amazingly enough, it wasn't freezing for Easter! It was such a nice day, and after church, we went out for brunch with my parents.

MAY
We found a playground nearby that we really liked, so we spent lots of time swinging and running around.
This might just be one of my favorite pictures from this year. This was Mother's Day and it just was a perfect day. My family knows my love language very well, so they surprised me with my favorite latte and a gift card for a massage. Nice!
Taylor also spent time in the 4 year old preschool room to prepare her for school in the fall. I was a little nervous to see how she would be in a "regular" classroom versus a special needs class that she was currently in, but she jumped right in! 

JUNE
The girls 4th birthday brought lots of excited giggles over the bikes we bought for them. And yes,they do have helmets. 
Their 4th birthday party was held at Jesters Court which is a huge indoor bounce playground. I can't believe they're four.
Mike and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary. We originally thought we would head out of town but decided to stay in GR and go out for dinner and see a concert. (Nice bald head I captured in this pic. Should have edited it out!). We saw Needtobreathe and it was such a great show! Highlight of my summer!

JULY
Swimming, splash pad, beach, more swimming, living in our bathing suits--this is how we spent July! Oh and eating massive amounts of ice cream.

AUGUST 
We spent many early mornings at the playground, armed with Dunkin Donuts, juice and LOTS of coffee. 

SEPTEMBER 
Morgan and Taylor started Pre-K and they could hardly wait to see their friends. I think going to preschool last year really helped, and they knew exactly what to expect. They walked into school like they had been there their whole lives!

OCTOBER 
I was fortunate that I was able to go to both girls trips to the pumpkin patch. It was really nice to spend one on one time with each kiddo. 
Halloween wasn't quite as nice weather wise that I would have hoped. It was freezing and extremely windy so we didn't get to trick or treat long. But my little witches were so cute!

NOVEMBER 
Even though it was cold, my girls were still all about ice cream, so we became regulars at an ice cream place nearby. As you can see, it's never a dull moment. Even in public. 
Morgan was invited to one of her classmate's birthday party. She loved every second except for when she accidentally fell out of one the boats you see above, and went underwater for a second (she had on a life jacket). She was all smiles soon after!
Thanksgiving was great for our family and the girls got this new table and chairs from their Nana and Papa. Thanksgiving was the perfect time to try it out! 

DECEMBER 

This was probably one of the best Christmases we had! T and M were just SO into every present they opened, and it was awesome to see that excitement on their faces. 


The girls also had a fun time ice skating at a family Christmas party! They stayed on the ice much longer than I expected and it was so cute to see them on ther tiny skates. 

We had a great 2014, and I realize how blessed we truly are. I can't wait to see what 2015 holds!











































No comments: