Monday, January 26, 2015

Book Nerd

IsHow is it Monday already? Wasn't it just Friday, like 5 minutes ago? Normally, Monday's are fine with me, but I have an appointment with the dentist today for a root canal. I am dreading it like you can't even imagine. More on my tooth drama in a later post, because today is all about my love for books!

There's nothing I like better than cozying up on the couch and getting lost for hours in a book. ( Well, these days, I definitely don't have hours to just sit and read. Who am I kidding? It's more like minutes! ) Barnes and Noble is a little slice of book nerd heaven for me, and the endless possibility of book choices is one of my favorite dilemmas to be in. 

I have a confession though. I don't get into obscure books, where I'm reading and reading and can't figure out the point of the whole thing. That says time waster to me, and not in a good sense. 


I have been reading a lot of young adult books lately. Last year I read the Legend series and loved it. Currently, I'm into the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. I read the first book, Clockwork Angel in two days. I could not put it down!



I am also reading Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst. She co-wrote this book with her dad Tony Evans, and it is so good.  I try to read a chapter a day when I have some "me" time. 

I have a list a mile long of what I want to read next! 

No comments: