Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What I'm Loving Wednesday

             
 
 One thing you must know about me is that I have a major sweet tooth. I haven't met a dessert I didn't like, and everyday I have to have something sweet. Typically, chocolate is my downfall, but I wouldn't bat an eye at demolishing a fruity treat. Starbursts, anyone? I thought I would give you a recipe today that I just made, and not only is it easy to make, but it's just heavenly to bite into. Oh, and it's peanut butter and chocolate together! The perfect combination if you ask me!
 
                     TRISHA YEARWOOD'S NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PRETZEL PB SQUARES
 
                      Ingredients:
            1 1/2 sticks of butter (melted)
            2 cups pretzel sticks, crushed into crumbs (use a food processor if you have one)
            1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
            1 cup, plus a seperate 1/4 cup of peanut butter
            1 1/2 cups chocolate chips ( I used semi-sweet since it was what I had on hand)
 
In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, pretzel crumbs, powdered sugar, and 1 cup of peanut butter and stir until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
 
Combine the chocolate chips and the remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until it is melted completely. Make sure to stir between intervals. Depending on your microwave, 2-3 intervals should be enough. Stir one last time, then spread over the peanut butter and pretzel layer in the dish. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting,
 
I can't even explain how delicious these are! You need to try them for yourself. And since they are beyond quick and easy to make, you have no excuses. Unless you don't like peanut butter and chocolate, which I can't even understand.
 
Happy Wednesday!


No comments: