Monday, April 6, 2015

The Brick Wall

As I hinted at in yesterday's post, I was having a breakthrough moment at Easter service Saturday night. It was such a relief. 

Maybe all Christians go through something like this at one time or another, but I've been feeling like I've been in a spiritual battle the last couple weeks. I literally felt like there was a brick wall between God and I. I couldn't pray. I wanted to but words just never came. I hardly picked up my Bible. I knew God was there but it was like I couldn't reach Him. It was really rough on me. 

So, I don't know what changed, but Saturday morning, I felt different. I listened to a song I typically listen to at Easter (Marcy Priest's Keep Your Eyes On) and I started bawling. Cried like a baby. Everything that I wanted to say and couldn't was prayed out to God in the form of tears. And when we sang How He Loves Us by David Crowder at church, I sang my heart out. And cried some more. I'm glad it was dark in there because I was a mess!

To say I had a good Easter would be an understatement. I truly feel like that brick wall is torn down...

I remembered I had pinned this a while ago and felt like it was just so appropriate for my situation. If you are feeling lost or like you are going through a battle, maybe you'll get a little smile out of this! 



No comments: