Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow and Prayer

Yesterday we were tricked by Mother Nature. It was sunny and hardly any wind, and even though the temps were only in the low 30s, it still gave me hope that spring wasn't too far off. Today is another story! We are in the beginning stages of a snowstorm that is predicted to drop up to 12 inches of snow by tomorrow. Yuck! Hopefully this will be the last major storm we have this season, but with this being Michigan, you just never know. Hope you are warm where you are!

_____________________________________________________________________

I've been thinking a lot about my prayer life lately. Or lack thereof. Yes, thinking and not acting. I don't know why. I feel like I have hit a brick wall. I am ashamed to admit that it was easier for me to pray when we were trying to conceive. I remember making time everyday to spend praying, writing in my prayer journal, reading the Bible, just talking to God. I felt so close to Him in my time of wait.

Then when I got pregnant, it was like the connection faded. I know that it's my doing, and that I have let all the excitement over this pregnancy take precedence over everything else.

I know that it's ok to be excited, but I also know that I have so much to pray for, and so much to be thankful for. I just have to go back to making time everyday, and maybe just try being still for once (which can be hard for me!). I worry that if I don't learn to make time now, that when the babies come, I really won't have time. And I don't want to lean on the excuse that I am too busy being a new mom to twins to build a relationship with God. Does this make sense?

I am working it out. I'm thinking that God can probably help me with that!

1 comment:

Callie said...

I do the same thing - sometimes when I'm waiting for something it's so easy to spend time with the Lord, but then when the good things happen I let my walk with Him fall to the wayside. Prayer is one of those things that I'm not sure I'll ever master - it's so easy to get out of the habit again. I'm right there with ya!