Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day and 8 Months

Taylor and Morgan are 8 months old today! We celebrated by spending the day being warm and cozy, while most of our city attempted to dig out from all the snow the "blizzard of 2011" dropped on us. I don't know about where you are, but our news channels could not stop talking about this storm. Come on, this is Michigan! We are used to tons of snow! We ended up getting over a foot of snow, which is the most we've seen at once in a long time, but people were acting like it we were going to be snowed in for days and days. Ha!
(this is a pic from my front window. Our neighbor is awesome because he always comes over and snow blows our driveway!)




My sweet girls are back to feeling like thier normal selves, which includes sleeping through the night again. Which means Mike and I are back to sleeping through the night. Hallelujah!




The twins are getting so big, so fast. When they were weighed last week at the peditrician's office, Morgan weighed 18lbs 4 oz. and Taylor weighed 22lbs even. My theory is continuing to prove true--they are going to stay a couple pounds different than each other. Morgan is wearing 9 month clothes and jammies, and Taylor is into 12 months.







Taylor loves being on her hands and knees, and I keep trying to entice her to crawl. She is a champ at rolling everywhere, and LOVES her walker. She really gets around in that thing!!! Up and down the hallway she goes and has even ventured into our kitchen to look around. She is an extremely curious baby (we are starting to babyproof the house!).





Morgan is a daddy's girl. She lights up whenever she sees Mike, and has started to say da da when she sees him. We thought it was totally random before, but now she only says it when he's around! Morgan loves her jumperoo, and grins really big when we put her in it.



Both girls are sitting up and they do so well when we put them on the floor to play. Although they have discovered that when one has a toy, the other one wants it. It never fails. Here is a good example of that.








I'm hoping it's just a baby thing and that they will grow out of it! We're already telling them they have to share (ha!), but I know they have no idea what I'm even saying. :)

I love that they are doing new things all the time, whether it be a new kind of smile, scooting around, trying a new food for the first time. I cherish every minute (most of the time!) and wouldn't trade being a mom for anything in the world.

1 comment:

Bri said...

I gave you an award on my blog!

briannesieberg.blogspot.com