Wednesday, June 22, 2011

This and That

How is everyone's Wednesday going?
I am attempting to clean my house, which let me just say, always feels like it's messy. There are enough toys covering my living room floor to take up an entire room by themselves, and my kitchen counters are full of STUFF. You know, cereal boxes, junk mail, my huge purse, etc. I feel like I give my house a good cleaning at least once a week, and then it's straight downhill from there. I try to do a little bit everyday, but it never seems to stay tidy. Where is that magical cleaning fairy when you need her?
Speaking of cleaning, I decided to run a load of laundry first thing this morning. My washer and dryer are in my basement, so when I ran down there, I noticed right off the bat a not so lovely moldy-mildewey smell. Fantastic. See, last year, when I was in the hospital having the girls, we got a torrential downpour and our basement flooded. Not a lot, but enough. Mike sucked up all the water, sprayed the place with bleach, but whenever we get a good rain, our laundry room reeks. I am thinking we might have a mold problem which both grosses and freaks me out at the same time. I'm seriously contemplating having someone come in and do a mold inspection. I'm just afraid to see that bill!
Well, I am off to finish my cleaning while the girls are "napping" ( I hear them playing around in there, so I know not a lot of napping is going on). Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday!
*Just an FYI, I have been having issues commenting on other people's blogs. I just want you to know that I am following you guys and reading your blogs, but cannot comment for whatever reason. You can follow me on Twitter (faithchick) and I would love to follow you as well!

2 comments:

Shelby said...

I am with you on the messy house! I figure I just need to come to terms with the fact that it is going to be this way fo a few more years and then I can get rid of all the small obnoxious toys and hopefully get back to my "normal" house. Or... it will never be the same. Who knows?!? I would much rather have a toy cluttered house because of babies rather than a tidy house with none! :) Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I just totally cleaned my house today too...want to know why? People came over...HA that always makes anyone have a clean house...LOL