Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sick Baby

So, this has been our scene around here for the past 4 days.

Morgan started with a fever late Tuesday night, and woke up with one again Wednesday morning, but she was pretty much acting like normal. No runny nose, no cough, just the fever. She played like she usually does, so I didn't think anything of it. Then Thursday rolled around and she still had the fever. This time, she was clingy, and acting like she was super tired. I went to work and told the babysitter just to keep an eye on her.

Thursday  night was not a good time. She woke up about an hour after we put her to bed and was bawling. I picked her up, and knew instantly her fever had spiked. I brought her into our bedroom and let her lay with us. A few hours later, she woke up and threw up all over our bed. Awesome! She just would cry and doze off, then wake up and cry some more. I think I finally got her to sleep about 5:30 am (on the couch!).



I ended up taking her to the doctor on Friday and he tested her for strep, which came back negative.  He basically said it was just a virus and that if her fever didn't go down by Monday to come back in. Well, her fever finally went away for good Saturday night, but today she woke up with a lovely little rash all over her back. And it's spreading! I think she has roseola, but I will hopefully find out tomorrow when I call her doctor.

It's been a blast, let me tell you! :) No, seriously, it's the worst when you see your child sick. She is normally super chatty and active, and so when I see her just wanting to lay on the couch and falling asleep in random places (see the pic below), it breaks my heart. Poor baby!



Now, I'm crossing my fingers that Taylor doesn't get it!

No comments: