Saturday, September 8, 2012

Weekly Roundup


**I hate shopping for shoes. But I knew I was going to have to do it sooner rather than later since the temps have gotten a little cooler. I can only hold out so long! I have had my eye on some charcoal gray Converse shoes for some time now, so I made my way to JCPenney, and lo and behold! There they were... in my size...and look way cute on. So happy! AND, I found the girls  some lace-free pink ones. To die for! Now, that's only one pair, and I still need some other fallish shoes, but I am just thrilled I found one pair!

                    Yes, one pink pair is smaller than the other! It cracks me up that they are so different!

**My mom had knee replacement surgery on Tuesday. She is finally home and doing well, but I know she's in some pain.

**I think the terrible twos have hit our house. There are just some days when I feel like all I say is no. The girls just look right at me when they are doing something they shouldn't, and then do it anyway, dispite my warnings. Then they laugh and take off running. Ugh...I guess this is a perfect time to practice the patience I 've been trying to teach the girls!

**I have been in the mood to cook "out of my box" lately. Meaning that I've been wanting to try new recipes! So this week, I made Chicken Spaghetti from a recipe I found on Pinterest (told you I couldn't stay off of it!). Delish is all I can say...

                                                             Chicken Spaghetti
                                               - 8 oz angel hair pasta
                                               - 2 cups chopped, grilled chicken OR 1 large can of chicken
                                               - 1 can cream of chicken soup
                                               - 1 can cream of mushroom soup
                                               - 1 10 oz can of Rotel, undrained
                                               - 8 oz sour cream
                                               - sprinkling of Parmesan or Mexican blend cheese
                         Preheat oven to 350. Boil pasta as package directs. Mix all other ingredients (except cheese), add to cooked pasta, and put in a 9x13 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 mins or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven to melt.

Any more recipes I absolutely have to try?

2 comments:

AEOT said...

Sarah, I did a whole post on Pinterest recipes I've tried and loved. It's so hard to know what is actually good- I've had quite a few failures, but the ones I posted about are all favorites in our house! It's not too far back if you want to hope over and check it out!

Jaime said...

Hey girl...Love the shoes..
Here is a link to some recipes..
http://www.thesimplemoms.com/category/good-eats/recipes