Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Over the Weekend

Lots of fun things happened this past weekend! Even in the middle of the heartbreak I was feeling for Newtown, I knew that life was still very much happening for my girls.

I really wanted to take the girls to evening mass on Saturday, because it's been sooooooooo long since I have taken them to church. That sounds bad, I know. But I am a realist, and it is just NOT an easy task to take them to church. The getting them there is not the problem. It's keeping them quiet that's the challenge! Our church does not have a nursery that is staffed on Saturday and unfortunately, that is the service that works out the best for us. So, long story short, my parents were a tremendous help and went with me to church. Taylor was great for about 15 minutes, and then my dad took her out into the hallway to roam around. Morgan stayed with me and my mom, and she did AWESOME!!!!

It did my heart good to sit in church and just pray. I needed that!

Sunday morning I woke up with the determination to get Morgan's hair cut. She has been sporting this "sort of mullet" look for a while, and I wanted to get it trimmed up before Christmas. When her hair is in pigtails, you can't even tell! But when it's down, it's a different story...

My mom and I left Taylor to play with my dad, and we took Morgan to Snip-Its. What a cute kids salon! But I was nervous. My baby girl's first hair cut and I didn't want some scissor happy stylist to completely chop off her hair.

The sylist was very gentle, and did exactly what I asked for. Morgan sat so still, and it was no big deal for her at all. So proud of her!
She even gave the biggest smile at the end! Oh... just another reminder that my baby girl is turning into a big girl right before my eyes.

Of course, we had to turn this momentous occasion into a reason to celebrate, so we stopped at Cold Stone right afterwards. Morgan didn't even hesitate when I asked her what kind of ice cream she wanted. "Chocolate, mom. With sprinkles."

Ok, so the hair isn't much different than it was before, just shorter. But we're going with it.

                                                 What an awesome weekend we had!


1 comment:

Jaime said...

That's too cute....I want to get Macy's trimmed too...maybe I should try there...