Sunday, December 29, 2013

Goodbye 2013

It's hard to believe that Christmas is over and 2014 is knocking at our door! I say this all the time but it's really true...time is flying by so fast!

In 2013, I wanted to simplify my life. I wanted to get organized, read more, go on more dates with Mike, eat healthier, stop comparing my life to others, get rid of the excess. And did I do that? Yes. And no.

I succeeded in some of those areas and struggled in others. I'm ok with that. I know that I did the best I could, and even when I struggled, I gave myself a little grace and let it go. 

What else happened in 2013? 
*the girls turned 3, and we had a quiet, laid back birthday celebration for them. They loved their big wheels!

*went to Manistee for the 4th of July and froze! No beach for us but the girls loved the indoor pool.

*Taylor and Morgan started preschool, and I cried on their first day.

*Morgan was potty trained, and just in time to start school. 

*We had our first trip to Urgent Care for stitches when Morgan tripped and fell head first into a doorway. Poor baby!

*Taylor fell in love with the beach this summer and got over her dislike of sand. She can't wait to go next summer!

2013 was a great year for us, and although I don't have big plans for 2014, I am completely open to what God has in store for us! 

*still thinking a lot about what I want my word to be for 2014. I'll let you know!

No comments: